i like decorating eggs.
i've thought about pysanky but never bought the tools. when someone at novalabs created a meetup to do this, i jumped at the chance.
dave learned how to do this by watching videos. he made his own tools. once he showed me how to use them, i pretty much ignored everyone else around me and did my own thing.
|i applied the wax to the plain egg, then dyed it yellow.|
|more wax application, more colors|
|final product after wax removal and buffing|
- this is fun
- i can freehand something of my own design that looks pleasing to my eye
- i don't have a steady hand, so simple, thick lined designs are probably my best bet
- use a soft pencil so i can rub the pencil lines off more easily
- dye colors lightest to darkest
- drips happen. go with them
- i want to do this again