Monday, April 10, 2017

autism and . . .

from one of my facebook posts:

It's a new day. Advocacy time!
Today I will move beyond autism awareness and focus on autism acceptance. Today I will read and promote autistic voices. Today I will learn from autistic adults and teens and children to learn more about their experiences from their perspectives. Today I will expand my knowledge and comprehension beyond what I have gained from parents and professionals. Autistic people aren't all the same, they didn't choose the color blue, and they don't all identify with a puzzle piece. Today I will work to meet them where they are, rather than asking them to come to me to explain themselves.


what it means to be highly empathetic, and autistic

"charity" that harms

if not aba, then what?

please visit this page to read more