Sunday, March 22, 2020

this is fifty

happy birthday to me!


the necklace is a gift from steve and ander. it's a little silver wren, my favorite bird (such a powerful, determined chirp from a bold little ball of feathers). on the back there is the engraving "pie tastes better" to remind me NOT to stick birds in my mouth.

ander decorated my cabin-in-the-woods and held a family surprise party for me in his minecraft world. and that was after he let me sleep in this morning!

artemis is making me a pie from scratch. raspberry. with a buttery crust. i can hardly wait to eat it. oh, and he's making mac and cheese from scratch all by himself so that i don't need to worry about feeding people at dinnertime today. what wonderful gifts from his heart and hands!



yesterday's walk yielded some beautiful blossom photo opportunities:



all things considered, this is a great way to entire my next decade of life on earth.