Tuesday, January 16, 2018

i like to arrange flowers

something that my husband knows about me is that i like to arrange flowers. so when he sent me roses for our wedding anniversary, he was sure to have them delivered in a bouquet so that i could have the added enjoyment of arranging them the way i liked. and then take pictures. lots of pictures.







i like to trim the flowers every so often and put them in different containers in different places in the house so i have plenty of pretty things to savor with multiple senses. the yellow roses in a crystal bowl made going to sleep and waking up that much easier. stately red roses added a pop of color to the current collection of things on the fireplace mantel.

when the roses were spent, my dining table looked bare, so i splurged on a $4 bouquet from trader joe's and pulled out my ikebana bowl and metal frog and nourished myself with making this little arrangement.


i like it. i liked making it. it made (and makes) me feel happy. it smells good. it looks cheerful and friendly. it's here until it isn't, and afterwards i'll have the photo and the memory. all nourishing things.