- pick out four rockets.
- practice and practice and practice getting the parachute and cords rolled properly and inserted into the body tube.
- select appropriate engines. load with igniters and plugs.
- head outside to pre-approved launch site.
- attempt to launch rocket 1. launch lug fell off. abort launch attempt.
- attempt to launch rocket 2. failure to launch. check equipment. try again. fail to launch. much disappointment.
attempt to launch rocket 3: success!
attempt to launch rocket 4: see results for rocket 2.
attempt to launch rocket 3 again with unused engine from rocket 1: successful launch into stratosphere. no recovery expected.
- parachute rolling can be tricky. reasonable modifications are permissible.
- sometimes rockets fail to launch. it happens. we don't give up.
- sometimes rockets launch and don't come back. we'll miss you, EX-200.
- faulty igniters can be the cause of many a rocket launch failure and much consternation. bring backups.
- a good launch is awesome!
and now for day 2