he started this charitable organization called random acts. i like it.
i also like puns. so, when i learned about AMOK (annual melee of kindness), i *knew* i needed to be a part of it. (who doesn't like running amok?)
so, here's what i did:
- purchased snack items, hand sanitizer, reuseable water bottles, plastic rain ponchos, and packs of camper/hiker-style handwarmers and footwarmers
- gathered together all the dozen or so hats i knitted with donated yarn over the holiday break from school
- organized and labeled them in english and spanish
- put them in front of the local library where i knew they would be seen and hopefully taken
within a 24-hour period, everything save a handful of hats were taken!
- purchased items from the hypothermia prevention wishlist provided by cornerstones, including blankets, washcloths, socks, batteries, lip balm, and kitchen disposables
- brought these and the remaining hats to the embry rucker community shelter
according to random act's values, being kind is fun. this is so very, very true. i cherish acts of kindness, whether i am giving or receiving.